He received his MD from Medical school in Athens University and his PhD-entitled “Form and Finish of Implants in Uncemented Hip Arthroplasty”- from the Department of Surgical Sciences, Orthopaedics,in Uppsala University Hospital (Sweden).
His professional training and experience include a wide range of hospitals in Greece and Sweden like the Dept. of Surgery/Agrinion County Hospital (Greece), Dept. of Orthopaedics/ Laiko University Hospital in Athens, Dept. of Orthopaedics, Sundsvall County Hospital (Sweden) and Dept. of Orthopaedics, Uppsala University Hospital (Sweden). In addition he served his Military service as medical doctor in the Hellenic Air force.
Specialty Professional Assignments
• Hip and Knee Primary and Revision Prostheses Surgeon
• Fracture Surgeon
• Specialized on management of infected hip and knee revision cases
• Member of experts in the International Consensus Group on prophylaxis – diagnostics – treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection
• Member of experts in the VRISS (Vård=Hospital Related Infections Should Stop)
• Member of experts in the PRISS (Prostheses Related Infections Should Stop)
• Hygiene and Antibiotic use – management advisor
• Certified member of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) and expert in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of osteoporosis
Besides his Medical presence as a consultant in Orthopaedics he occupies with teaching Medical students in Uppsala University.
He is a member of The Swedish Medical Association, the Greek Medical Association, the Swedish Orthopaedic Association and the Swedish Hip and Knee Prostheses Society.
He participates in presentations, lectures, conferences around the world, arranges medical courses and writes articles on international medical journals.
• Total knee replacement
• Total hip replacement
• Fracture surgery
• Surgery of infected hip and knee revision cases
Swedish, English, Greek
+30 210 6912111
+30 6985 11 2000