Medical Tourism can be defined as the process of traveling outside the country of residence for the purpose of receiving medical care.
Originally the term referred to the traveling of patients from less to more developed countries in pursuit of the treatments not available in their homeland.
The great improvements in both technology and standards of care in many countries have led to the increasing popularity of medical tourism, as patients travel abroad in order to access health services.
The main reason for patient mobility is the avoidance of the long waiting lists of the healthcare system of the patients’ homeland. The waiting time from the diagnosis to the actual treatment poses the biggest risk for deterioration of the patient’s condition.
Financing your health care abroad
If you are a citizen in a European Economic Area ( EEA ) country, you are entitled to receive planned health care services in another EEA country and get all the relevant charges reimbursed by your home country according to the EU directive 2011/24.
This directive protects the right to free medical travel in the EU Area in state-run but also private hospitals. The patient is reimbursed up to the amount that the same type of treatment should have cost at the patient’s home country.
How does it work
1. You state your interest to us about which treatment you wish to receive.
2. You will be contacted by one of our doctors and go through the details of your treatment or operation.
3. We can help you with your flight and accommodation if you so wish.
4. Our multilingual call-center will provide you with every kind of assistance throughout your stay.
CrossBorderMedCare guarantees that your treatment will maintain its very high standards and you will receive medical care of great quality by our experienced medical personnel.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
• Following the guidelines your insurance company provides.
• Providing any and all documentation required for re-imbursements by your insurance company
Contact CrossBorderMedCare+30 6985 11 2000 firstname.lastname@example.org